Trip #3: Family Camping in the Far Northwest
Oh, yes. This is going to be a grand time.
I have three married siblings...
(so cute they are ~ oof, I love them)
...and two (also married) parents...
(adorable ~ love them too)
...and it is a rare day when we are all together. Rare, people. But we are going to be! In July.
In the Pacific Timezone. Three hours earlier than our Eastern Timezone. So our kids will wake up at four. At a campground.
But, we will be with Craig and Tiffany and Cade and Riley and David and Nicole and Gigi and Brody and New Baby Girl and Carly and Chase and maybe a couple dogs and my Dad and my Mom. We'll be all together!
And I am really looking forward to that.
This group of people has actually never been together. Some of these people who are related have never met. Do you have family members whom you have never met? Probably.
Did I mention the camping bit? And the three hour time difference? Uh-huh.
Why can't life be perfect? Just how I want it? Like, I don't know... all of us together without camping and a time zone change. Impossible, the time zone part. (And that's totally our fault for moving east.) And the camping... I just need to love it like everyone else.
There we go. All solved.
Ever soothe the anxiety right out of a trip just by declaring it gone?
I love to camp. I love to camp. I like being cold. I like being cold. I like night-time wild life scampering about. I like small children waking four hours after midnight because of their internal clocks.
But really what I love?
Oh, I love my family and I miss them, miss them. And it fills my love tank to be with them.
So let us recap this Trio of Trips:
- Skiing in February when I might die due to the lack of abdominal strength.
- Homeschool Convention in April when I will cohabitate with other women.
- Camping in July... that will be perfect.



1 comment:
Are you coming to the Seattle area?? (That's where I live now after my move from southern IL!) It shouldn't be ... too... cold in July. :)
It will be SUPER PRETTY THOUGH!! Also the rain should not be bad by that time.
Sorry. :) Random person, signing off:
Chelsea Tang
Post a Comment