While doing some 'research' for my mom I asked Reuben,
"What is your favorite dessert?"
"Rice and green beans."
Okay.
And while I'm asking him questions, I would like to know why my closet door is broken and unable to close. Oh, you've been in and out a million times storing 'birthday presents' for yourself. I see.
I don't know why he thinks my closet floor is the place to put his books, the library's books, and old toys to hide away until Saturday. This is his way of figuring out what a birthday is, I guess.
What is a birthday, really?
Oh, let's just see a picture of his cuteness...
This is from camping last week.
His wingspan is that of a mallard.
In case you were wondering.
And we might as well talk about this Darth Vader shirt.
It also has Darth Mall and some other bad guy on it.
He pulled it out of a bag of clothes a friend had passed on to us.
If I had gotten to it first, he never would have seen this shirt.
But sadly, black is his favorite color
and this is his favorite shirt.
He even wears it wet out of the washing machine.
Paul and I just watched Phantom Menace
(previewing it for Peter)
and I came to realize how yucky bad Darth Mall is
and how I didn't realize who Reuben was representing.
I am now quite tempted to receive the wrath of this soon-to-be four year old
and magically make the shirt disappear.
Especially since it is two sizes too big and
could be with us for quite some time still.
The diversions of this weekend may be the perfect time
(his birthday and an exciting trip across the country).
Oh, but he is going to ask for it as he does EVERY morning.
What shall I say?
First I will pray
and perhaps it will be wiped from his memory.
It's possible.
With God all things are possible.
I know this.
You may too.

No comments:
Post a Comment