Monday, June 20, 2011

Not Yet


No Travel Call today, in case you were wondering.

But we are having Vacation Bible School at our church this week and it is a great help in keeping busy and passing time.

VBS is from nine to noon.

I ran the dreidel booth.  And for two hours I sang the beginning part of the song, then had to hum when I got to the third line.

Here it is.  Because I wouldn't want to leave you humming it now that it's stuck in your head too.





After lunch we went to a splash park for the afternoon.

Tomorrow will be a repeat.

Easy, free, and fun.


I also want to try to make this super easy and cute skirt made from a Tshirt...




but I just can't focus my nervous energy enough to attempt something new.

Especially sewing clothes, which I have a negative amount of experience with.

Negative, as in I've attempted clothes-making and it's never produced a wearable item.  The attempt then gets put back into my fabric stash to be cut up and used in a future non-clothing project.  Like beanbags.  Or napkins.

But I'm pretty sure I could make this skirt...

...If I was a woman NOT waiting for my phone to ring at any minute and tell me to buy plane tickets ASAP and go to Korea to scoop up my nearly one-year-old son.

I just can't think straight.

So, you go ahead.  Hobby Lobby has their adult Tshirts on sale for $1.99 this week.  Perfect for this skirt project.

Let me know how it goes.

No comments: