Today was Reuben's first gymnastics class. His first of anything class. I tried to sign him up for this class in the fall, but he was severely opposed to it. Because he's four and he has to oppose everything, even if he likes it. Maybe you've had a four-year-old.
Well, after watching Peter do his gymnastics class this winter at a real gymnastics gym - with a huge foam pit that the kids get to jump in at the end of each class - Reuben really wants to do gymnastics now. We told him he has to start out at the local Rec Center like Peter did. Then he can take a class at the real gym.
Reuben loved the class. One of his friends who lives just down the street is also taking the class so that's fun for them. And the mom and I are taking turns with the driving. No pictures though. It's one of those places where parents are not permitted to watch. I give that a big *LAME*.
For another first...
Peter was welcomed into the world of baseball tonight with his first practice. Within the first five minutes he got a ball to the face which caused bleeding, swelling, and tears. No picture of that either because I wasn't there. And no picture now because I didn't want to give him a complex about it. But he said the rest of practice was fun. So that's good.
We are going to be terrible sports parents, to which Paul replied, "Good." He's so not a sports guy, which you probably already knew. Out of the next six practices Peter can only attend three. He has a piano recital, a church service, and a trip to St. Louis. I can't put eight-year-old baseball practice over any of those, especially when they were already scheduled.
So what else is a first?
Oh! We received a well baby check for Jae-min this week and he has a tooth! One. On the bottom. And he's pulling up to standing. And I got all internally teary as I read these little milestones that I'm missing. He's growing and doing well. Fabulous. He is nine months old. And we are two months into our 4-8 month wait to travel to meet him.
Let's see if I have any pictures to share...
This is what we call the
Ooh-la-la Sandwich.
It's from the Super Sandwiches book.
Peter chose it for our dinner last night.
He also chose the side of Bar-b-que Lays chips.
I put in the strawberries.
So the sandwich is turkey and brie melted under the broiler,
with lettuce and raspberry mayo
on a croissant.
More fat than anyone needs,
but very delightful.
I think that's it. Off to do yoga.

No comments:
Post a Comment