February 5th -
He still wanted to make his birthday cake with me this year! But instead of a cake, he is taking after Paul and preferring the giant cookie instead.
Doesn't he look so tall?
He's eight.
No doubt about it.
He is eight.
February 6th -
We head to the lodge.
Peter's preferred schedule of events:
1. Look around the lodge and decorate the room.
We found this unusual soap in our bathroom.
The back explained how this bar doesn't leave a little sliver of useless soap behind.
2. Have dessert.
Giant Cookie with...
these Ninjago spinners on top.
And here is when I panicked.
Just above Peter's head is a smoke detector,
I noticed as Paul lit eight candles.
And only a few moments ago I signed the papers
acknowledging their No Smoking rule and I agreed to pay a $100 clean up fee for the sprinklers going off.
Aah!
I got the windows open an inch
and found a book to fan in front of the smoke detector...
and we were okay.
Ahh.
Continue with the festivities.
Reuben, enjoying himself.
Our room had this lovely little nook overlooking the forest.
Big box from Granpa and Granny.
Amazingly, it's just what he wanted.
4. Play with presents.
Peter's friend Brandon and his family came on this trip too.
Here they are battling with Ninjago things.
They liked the nook also.
Ninjago in action.
(Little ninjas spinning around trying to knock the opponent off his spinner.
Throw in some playing cards with special tricks
and you have a fun game for grade school boys.)
Meanwhile, Reuben tore apart the Amazon box and drove his truck on it.
4. Go swimming.
Rube going around the lazy river,
enjoying the freedom of a life jacket
(and Paul is right next to him).
Peter swooshing down the slide.
Us.
The cool-yo parents hanging out.
And that is how you have the perfect eighth birthday.
Tomorrow (or when I have time to post again):
February 7th: In which we go skiing.

















No comments:
Post a Comment