Saturday, December 4, 2010
Snow Day
Were you fortunate enough to get the 6:36am weather report delivered to your bedside by a cutie cutie four year old this morning?
No?
You should come for a visit.
"Mom, it's a 'nowy day!"
"Mmm."
"Is it enough 'now to go to the big hill?"
"It's too early to go to the big hill now."
Then he disappeared for an hour and a half. Maybe back to bed? I don't know because I locked our bedroom door and went back to sleep.
Eight o'clock now...
"Unlock the door." (Read that in your lowest four year old voice.)
"No."
"Open sesame!" (Say it like you believe it will work.)
chuckle. "No."
We did eventually get up and acknowledge, and fulfill even, our child's intense desire to be one with the snow. Paul and the boys went out to inaugurate the third year of Peter's Snow Removal. I dutifully went to the kitchen and whisked together hot cocoa. Snow removal is a family business.
I was going to make homemade marshmallows as a hostess gift for our dinner outing this evening. But, alas, the local market has not any plain gelatin. Plan B will probably involve something else dipped in melted chocolate Whatever it is, I'll have to test them before I give them, of course.
If you have light corn syrup and plain gelatin on hand, you could try making marshmallows. Here's a video demo from a blog of a blog I know.
Click the link up there to watch it whole screen and to see the recipe.
If you make some, will you please dip them in chocolate and mail me some? Yum.
As I am about to push the Publish button for this post, the boys are regearing and headed to the sledding hill. It's barely ten o'clock.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment