I made deodorant today.
And it stinks.
It's smelly.
I don't like it.
I have the residue of it on my hands
and I wish it would go away.
and I wish it would go away.
1/4 cup corn starch
1/4 cup baking soda
4-6 Tablespoons of coconut oil
Mix it together and put it in an old deodorant container.
It made enough to fill 2 containers with some left over.
Oh goody.
I got the idea and recipe from this article at Simplemom,
I was expecting the coconut oil to smell nice,
like coconuts and sun tan lotion and salty sea air.
At least like coconuts.
But instead it smells pretty awful.
I'm hoping you know something about coconut oil.
I'm wondering if mine is old and rancid,
even though I just bought it.
even though I just bought it.
Anyone know?

3 comments:
I've never tried a homemade deoderant with it, but we cook with it, eat it (gigi to help with digestion) and use it as a moisturizer and I've never had it smell bad. some brands smell more coconutty than others. I bought one called "hope's harvest" recently that supports small african farmers who harvest the oil.
So are you wearing the deodorant or is it too stinky?
Not wearing it, sadly. But, I haven't given up.
Post a Comment