I have his face. I look just like him.
He knows things like the capital of Ethiopia.
Like how to put a hitch on a truck.
And how to throw to the cut-off man.
He knows how to install a backyard sprinkler system
And how to bowl a 300.
He also knows how to work HARD.
And make personal sacrifices for his family's benefit.
He has a cute smile
And a great head of hair.
He has fun at weddings
And adores his grandchildren.
I like remembering him as a baseball coach
because he was patient and knew how to teach them.
And he let me keep the scorebook, which made me feel important.
He taught me how to be a loyal Dodger fan
No matter where in the country I live.
He's taught my boys how to watch sports on TV
and how to do them in real life.
I'm so glad I have a dad
A dad like you.
Happy Birthday!




2 comments:
I don't think I ever realized how much you two look alike! These are sweet little tributes!
I always thought you looked like your Dad, because when I looked at you I always saw ME!! That was a really nice tribute to your Dad...he is such a great GUY!!!
Post a Comment