Monday, December 21, 2009

To The Post Office


Here I go, out into the world, freshly dusted with snow.
(since we homeschool, sometimes it feels like I never get out of the house)




See that big yellow envelope?
That's our next stack of adoption papers that I am lovingly escorting to the Post Office.
It holds our contract, permission to do background checks, autobiographies, a family photo, the first bit of moola, and a few other pieces - committing the next many months of our lives to the emotional, exciting, uncertain path to be united with our next son or daughter.  I love it.  Adoption comes with its own set of emotions that are thrilling and that I've only felt inside the adoption experience.

What's next?
The updating of our homestudy with our Adoption Specialist.
Four visits to our doctors for physicals.
And a new stack of papers to fill out.

6 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Was wondering this morning if you guys had much snow from all the storms back east. Guess the picture answers my question. Are you running an errand by yourself? Jealous!

Mama Bear said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stacey said...

I WAS by myself. It was great.

Stacey said...

'blog administrator' sounds like some guy in a high-rise office. It was me and it was just a duplicate post.

nicole aka gidget said...

awesome! wow, can't believe how fast you got your autobiographies done. or did you just update old ones? it took us forever to do those!

Stacey said...

We just had to update. Still mine was 2 1/2 pages. They asked about any changes in our family, how we parent Reuben in particular, how adding a third will impact our family... It took us a long time (several days) to write the original ones. This time an hour or so.